Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweet Little Girl

For better or worse, little Jdog has inherited a good portion of my looks. The similarities between his baby pictures and mine are irrefutable: the bull-dog cheeks, the button nose, the dark hair that is slowly turning blonde, etc. When people take note of the likeness I’m not quite sure what to say. “I think this one missed the Francypants stamp,” said the nurse at his 4 month appointment. I don’t think that’s all together true, but I do hope the male version of me doesn’t feel slighted by his share of the gene pool.

Today I saw my dad at Allerina, Dalliwag and Leaf’s “Broadway Blast” show dress rehersal. He held Jdog, made him laugh and admired his solid stature. Then my dad said, “He sure does remind me of you.” I smiled, “What is it, his chubby cheeks? His squinty eyes?” I asked. “Nope,” he said. “It’s his sweetness.” Oh, so nice. I’m lucky to have a dad who still makes me feel his sweet, special little girl. Even if little Jdog looks like a girl, at least he’s a sweet one.

1 comment:

  1. He can't go wrong... no matter which side of the gene pool he favors.

    ReplyDelete