Friday, July 22, 2011

Menchies

Tonight Famous and I met Menchies: a delightful little yogurt shop that has stolen my heart. There's something magical about unlimited samples. I considered paying them a few dollars to let me sit in the back and endlessly taste test. But instead I weighed in with raspberry, cake batter and mocha yogurt in my cup. Not the best combination. I can't wait to go back for a second attempt at self-serve frozen yogurt perfection. I'm even more excited for future helpings of Famous' wise council.

We talked about dreams, about marriage, about our kids, and about all of the "noxious weeds" growing about, trying to strangle our outlook. Life is hard. Love is hard. It is hard to make choices, especially when you love so much and yearn so deeply for that choice to be the best for those you love. But it is given to us to choose. And, as Famous so soundly taught me tonight, we must "rejoice in the choice."

Thanks for the Menchies, Famous. What a bland existence it would be if all choices were as inconsequential as the flavor of yogurt poured into a cup.



2 comments:

  1. oh, this makes my heart ache just a little. so I guess I need to "rejoice in the choice" to live so far away. :) miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menchies won my heart, too... and I love my rosette earrings that remind me of our re-focusing talks that night. You are such a great sister to me... and I love that we get to go through all the choices of life together.

    ReplyDelete