Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yeah

I'm still working on about 6 catch up posts at once. I'm so far behind I feel like I'm trying to rescue a runaway train. But I won't give up. The husband has been a good cheerleader. He even kicked me out of bed last night so that I could go write. I think that's a good thing--just that once, though.

Baby J is growing up so much. He melts my heart into a puddle of love every time he flashes his crinkle-nose smile my way. He also gets a horizontal wrinkle right between his eyes and breathes in and out of his nose as he examines strangers. Funny baby. The other night I had a meeting at my house with a lot of medical school wives. Jdog stayed up to be a part of the fun. He hobble-crawled around the room with one leg strait, then pulled himself up on his knees with the help of the new set of legs he found. Then he scrunched up his face, pushed air in and out of his nose and flashed his two-toothed grin. How could you not laugh out loud?

Jdog also has acquired a few funny "words." He isn't big on conversation. It's ironic that big brother Atrain (who was only aided with two sumo strength hearing devices) was 'talking' more at his age: more gibberish exchanges. I love the differences. Jdog mumbles on about "dadada" and "geekgeekgeeek" most of the day. And lately he's come up with the funnest little expression, "Yeah!" He says it quite frequently. The word bursts from his mouth with rising intonation all day long. And I egg it on--all day long, trying to get him to answer my questions, "Are you a cute baby? Yeah! Do you love your momma? Yeah! Does momma need to do the laundry? Yeah!" I hope this lovely little word lasts forever.

1 comment:

  1. Still can't believe how old he is getting... so fast! Make him stop!!

    ReplyDelete