Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nearly Perfect

Today was nearly perfect. Days like this happen, occasionally, but not often. Atrain was so delightful—always obeying, so sweet in his responses, and recalling the “You are Special” book we’ve been reading a lot lately and reminding me that I am special. I remind him too. We all need that sometimes. He told me he was excited to make good choices today, and explained that listening to God helps us make good choices. He even said, "whatever you want, mom" a few times. Wow. I occasionally say that to him, but it sure feels good to have the phrase reciprocated. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much about whether or not he'lll turn out alright after all. Phew.

We played and cleaned and cooked together as baby J made is hobble-crawl way around the apartment. I don’t remember the last time that I polished my furniture. Now I feel like my dresser is smiling at me. The day’s only downer came when my phone officially stopped working. Remember the dive it took in Texas? I guess the rice fix is only temporary. Apparently water damage causes deterioration over time. Darn. At least I showered before noon today. That makes everything feel better.

1 comment: