Thursday, September 8, 2011

Block Party

Today the husband and I left for Block Island. Esteban and Hilly invited us to their exclusive clam bake wedding celebration on the timeless Block Isle off the coast of Rhode Island. So, I dropped the kiddos off at my Bambie's home and set off for an eastern seaboard adventure.

I was slightly deflated by Atrain's lackluster goodbye. We have been talking about it for weeks, but I expected at least a little separation anxiety. I will miss that little boy so much. He really is my buddy.

Aside from my needless worries, I am so excited--for boogie boarding, beach cruisers, bed and breakfasts, and family bonding. As I stretched out on the floor in our airport terminal, playing bananagrams with the inlaws (getting slammed by Leaf's vocabulary saturated brain), I felt ten years younger--but with little to prove and everything to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Lafe and his bananagram skills were enough to keep me awake for the red-eye.

    I am glad Atrain left you with a quick goodbye to prevent added feelings of guilt. :)

    I love your relative-age-assessment for this trip... feeling ten years younger with little to prove and everything to enjoy. It is nice being on this side of the teenage years, but nice to dabble in life with relatively less responsibilities for a while (sans kids).

    ReplyDelete