Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Never too Late

It feels great to finally create a header to sum up September. Ah. Perhaps it should be done before the first day of the month, but I don't really care. I'm just glad to have it done for our family's 2011 year book. (Not that I've started putting that together yet).

So many good memories in September. I still have to finish a few posts about beautiful Block Island. I simply can't let go of this month without recounting the incredible moonlit Mamsen clam bake on the beach. I will have to finish catching up another night. My eye lids are heavy, and I hope to stay alert for LDS conference in the morning.

But I won't let myself sleep without recording a few moments from the day:

I woke up to find myself pouring orange juice on my cereal. Oops. I told Atrain I was going to try it. He looked disgusted. I dumped it down the drain.

We started off our run by checking the post office for the boys' Halloween costumes. They arrived. I immediately put baby J's Yoda hat on. I couldn't stop laughing as his green ears flapped in the wind. Atrain couldn't stop asking me to go home so that he could adorn himself from head to toe in Darth attire.

Once we were home it was Star Wars central. Atrain was so into his character, he even gave me a little Darth Vader dance lesson.

After baby J took a nap, the boys and I decided to try out the baby hiking backpack. We set out on the Shore mountain trail (our backyard) and ended up at the Butte Gardens. (I giggle every time our phone navigators pronounce it butt.) It was awesome. We loved every minute of it: getting in free, the "lambs ear" fuzzy plants, the flowers, the red sand box, and the way my "boom boom" burned as I climbed around with Jdog strapped to my back. And then we had to leave, and Atrain melted into a puddle of furious tears. I dragged him the entire way back, and managed to laugh at myself every other step.

Chocolate ice cream solves anything, and we set of for an area barbecue to snag a free dinner. Atrain wore his Darth Vader get up, and was in character until he ditched it kick around a soccer ball. Jdog was in heaven. He is a social little dude. He loves new faces and environments, and is always ready to dive into the scene. As soon as we sat down on the grass with veggie burgers and hot dogs in hand, J set off for the crowd. When the music turned on, Jdog reared up on his knees and bopped to the beat, flapping his arms in the air with sheer joy. Atrain crawled over beside him (noticing all the attention pointed in J's direction), said, "Mom, I'm a baby," and mimicked Jdog's darling dance (with a little less cute and a little more hilarious).

And, now it's much too late. But I can't stop writing without giving a shout out to Riley Nelsen. Seriously miraculous cougar victory. The best kind.

Good night.

3 comments:

  1. What a memorable day for your two little dudes! I am always amazed at your energy and determination to make happy and positive memories for your boys. Your amazing. xox

    ReplyDelete