Friday, September 2, 2011

No No

Today Jdog started shaking his head "no," and he showed off his new skill a lot today. I'm not quite sure if he knows exactly what "no" means, but he jerks his big head back and forth so convincingly. It's as if that's the only word that has ever meant anything to him--more than "dado" and "manumnum." Oh how I love his babbling titles (though I could do without him diving at my chest saying "numnumnum"...oh how the husband laughs at that trick).

Jdog uses the "no" gesture whenever I try to shove rice cereal down his throat, or any grain cereal for that matter. He shakes his head vigorously when Atrain or I begin dragging him away from something he's interested in. And, he signs "no" whenever he wants to get my attention, as if to say, "No, manumnum, no more of whatever meaningless thing you're doing. You need to appropriately acknowledging how adorable I am right now." If only his "no-s' could forever seem so sweet.

1 comment:

  1. It is a joy to see him grow... although I still want him to stop growing.

    ReplyDelete