Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Prince

I had a spontaneous sleep over with my sisters tonight. The boys are away on a labor day fishing trip, so we took advantage of a little time to talk, tease and (of course) brush up on our waltz skills. My little soon-to-be Cinderella sister was rehearsing lines for her upcoming high school musical debut. I played the part of the Prince--and the evil step mother and the awkward step sisters. I have always had a dark desire to play the part of a villain. It's probably extremely fun to pretend to be evil.

But, tonight I was the dashing prince. My sister and I had a splendid time at the ball, singing "my head started reeling, you gave me the feeling, the room had no ceiling or floor" to each other, and concentrating on the most appropriate way to approach the real prince about the kiss. You see, neither Cinderella nor the prince have ever kissed anyone before. May I repeat myself: if you would like to witness my little sister's first kiss (although, of course it doesn't "count"), be sure to get tickets to the show. Also, if you have any first kiss tips that are better than mine--which I'm sure they are--do feel obliged to share them. My "just ask him which way he wants to lean" advice wasn't cutting it, according to Allerina.

I simply can't wait for opening night. It will be a ball.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't seem like such bad advice...

    I'll definitely pay to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want tickets!!! Don't want to miss that!

    ReplyDelete