Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Hairs on My Head

I’m shedding. It’s officially been three months since I had a baby. I’m pulling long strands of hair out of clothes as I fold them. Hairs are hiding between the creases in my baby’s triple chin. My shower wall is streaked with wet hair balls whenever I wash. A bird could nest inside of my brush. Ew.

I’m sure the husband notices, especially when he picks never-ending threads of hair from his underwear. I know that God notices: “Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows” (Luke 12, 6-7).

If God notices how much hair I’m loosing lately, He must also notice how hard I’m trying to do good lately. Even if my efforts yield rather small, seemingly insignificant results…He notices. Even if it’s hard for me to really measure the meaning of it all, I’ll keep trying—just like I’ll keep shedding. Maybe someday I’ll see where all of it ends up.

1 comment: