Thursday, February 24, 2011

Octomom

Do you ever feel like you're running backwards, chasing a Jdog and an Atrain who are headed in opposite directions, racing the sun before it sets into bed, all while trying to catch the shadow of your own expectations? I do; especially today. I'm doing my best, but I can't do it all.

I guess the laundry will just have to kick around the house a little longer while I figure out how to sprout a few new arms so that I can play Operation, feed a baby, do the dishes and type on my computer at the same time. Then again, more arms might be dangerous. I might just loose control of one of them and begin strangling my three year old. Sometimes he is the most adorable little man. And then there are the moments when he insists on squishing his little brother. Yes, more arms would probably be dangerous right now.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't octomom the lady who had octuplets..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...good luck today! If more arms would be bad, maybe being Elasti-girl would help! That way your two arms could accomplish more from one spot...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... "the" octomom has 8 babies. Thanks for pointing out the irony in my post Paul. I definitely couldn't handle 8 babies if I'm wishing for 8 arms with only 2 babies.

    Yes--elasti-girl would be a great option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... I think every child should come with an additional arm for mom. We all have those days...

    ReplyDelete