Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Zombiemomma

I’ve slept on the couch for two nights in a row. Things are fine with the husband, but poor Jdog has been grunting, coughing and snorting up a storm for the past 48 hours. I check Jdog’s temperature every few hours and we’ve been lucky that it hasn’t risen above 100.2. The poor guy is so tired. So am I. Life gets a little strange when my nights become my days. I feel myself morphing into Zombie-momma. She isn’t pretty: old make-up, bad breath, erratic behavior, bad social skills, etc. I’m surprised things aren’t worse with the husband.

Disregarding the obvious downsides of being zombie-momma, today I found that she does have some useful qualities. She found the overdue library book I’ve been searching for—and she found it in a place that I have searched over a hundred times. She can sleep anywhere…comfortably. When we ran out of infant’s ibuprofen we made an emergency trip to the grocery store. With the kiddos sound asleep in the car, as soon as we parked I splayed myself irregularly across the driver and passenger's seats (no room to recline in my car with the kids’ seats in back). I don’t know how much time went by before I heard a car door slam and bolted upright. I didn’t even have a kink in my neck.

Best of all, zombie momma is apparently pretty funny. Today Atrain kept asking me (with a hilarious, confused expression on his face), “What ARE you talking about?” Then he would laugh his head off. I returned the favor, “What are YOU talking about?” Then laughed so hard I forgot all about zombie momma. Thank you Atrain.

1 comment:

  1. You are a mighty cute Zombie. Do Zombie Momas plan fun birthday parties, too? We are excited for this weekend...

    ReplyDelete