Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ode to Chick-fil-A

When I was a tween my mom would take me ‘up north’ to go shopping. It was a special treat. With my own money in my pocket she would let me loose for a couple of hours at the mall to wreak havoc, mostly in 5.7.9. I loved that store. But, what I loved even more about going up north was Chick-fil-A. Their greasy chicken nuggets, waffle fries and soft serve vanilla ice cream were the best thing my 12 year old mouth had ever tasted. It was always the perfect ending to my independent afternoon.

Tonight I returned to Chick-fil-A for the first time in more than a decade. My sister in law, Famous, helped me rekindle my romance with this fast-food restaurant. But it wasn’t the food that stole my heart. It was the clean, enclosed play place, the packets of cheerios for little ones too young to digest deep fried chicken, the smiling “it’s my pleasure” teenage boy who kept coming back to refill my cup of water. Awe, Chick-fil-A! After an exciting day of RA responsibilities, missed birthday parties, coughing kids and picking out paint with six kids in a shopping cart, you know just how to make a mother smile. Let us never part again.

No comments:

Post a Comment