Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Lie

I’m ashamed of myself today. I lied to the husband—told him that I’m jealous of him. I’m not. What provoked my mind to fabricate such nonsense? Maybe it was the moment when I was uncontrollably squirting my screaming baby in the face with breast milk while I reminded his brother (for the 50th time) that he cannot play rough with Jdog. Maybe it was because I realized that I’ve been trying, unsuccessfully, to transition the boys’ clothing bins for weeks now. Or maybe it was because silly little Atrain thinks it’s funny to strangle his mother while I’m changing Jdog’s diaper. It’s not funny.

I’m not jealous of the husband. I don’t want to beat my brains out trying to impress unimpressable surgeons all day. I don’t want to know everything there is to know about the rectum. I don’t want to have the weight of our family’s future hanging on my every move. I’m just jealous of the idea of reading a book for endless uninterrupted hours…even if that book is telling me everything I don’t want to know about the rectum.

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I am loving it! It is refreshingly honest. It makes me smile! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I've been there! Such different roles and such different struggles. The two can't really be compared... but we often try, don't we??

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post makes me want to brush up on the rectum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm struggling with Paul's use of the term "brush up". :D haha Just teasing. We are excited to see everyone tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Brush up in as intellectual pursuit. For the good of the patient...

    ReplyDelete