Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eyes, Ears, Mouth and Nose

Today was a good day--such a good day. I love my family. I love getting my boys all dressed up for church (even though our version of dressing up isn't as polished as it could be) they always look so nice walking together in white(ish) shirts. The husband played the organ and spoke in church. I love hearing him do both. Members of our congregation always comment on his enthusiastic version of the hymns. He has this way with music. It's hard to explain. But, when you hear him behind an instrument it's as if you're hearing sunshine. I sure love that man.

I also love my two little men. Atrain is at the top of his nursery class. Having been his nursery leader for a year, I never imagined the day when he would be the best behaved boy in the group. It's not that he's bad--no he's a very good boy. He's also always been a very sensitive, defensive and determined little boy. And sometimes that made nursery a little challenging. However, today his teachers were singing his praise. She said, "He was just so good--shared with all of the kids, and he was so helpful..." It was sweet music in my ears.

And, last, but not least, sweet baby J began pointing on cue. He's been waving for a few weeks now, but he's now added "where's my facial feature" tricks to his repertoire. Between the nose and the eyes, he's pretty accurate. I loved watching him study my face today. I wonder what he thinks of me when his big silvery-blue ringed eyes linger on my features. His perspective isn't exactly flattering. He spends the majority of his time staring up my nose (he loves to try to put his finger up my nostrils all of the time too). But, he loves me anyway: big nostrils and all. How flattering. How did I get to be such a lucky momma.

3 comments:

  1. You really do have wonderful boys. All of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with the music thing! J has a way of making music so much brighter. This may be weird but I've told Spencer, on more than one occasion, if J is around for my funeral I want him to play at it! :) Not that I'm planning my funeral or anything but every time he plays I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He can play at mine, too. And, I'm closer than you.

    ReplyDelete