Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Family for Now and Forever

Allerina is here--bless her sweet little soul. She is the best littlest sister around and I love how my boys love her. And why wouldn't they? She builds forts with them, cuddles with them on cue, loads up the double bob and pushes them to and from every neighborhood park. She even cleans up with them. I'm so thankful the babysitting cycle has swung this way, and can't wait for the day when it will swing back. Watching her little ones will be a blast some day.

And, a special thanks to Milly, who took my beloved boys for their first brother sleep over last night at her home. They just love her. I would be lying, however, if I wasn't relieved to hear that they missed me. Sweet Atrain began his sleepover begging Milly to stay at her house forever and ever. I'm glad that for some unknown reason he changed his mind the following day. I guess I must be doing something right.

I love family. I don't know what I would do without them. I guess I should start saying that I don't know what I will do without them. The husband and I are writing his personal statement for residencies right now. That day is coming. It's not too far in the future when we will pack up our little med school apartment and part for some undetermined destination. It makes me sad, but the thought also thrills me. I am getting old, you know. At the end of this month, to be more precise. It will feel nice to be nearer to a real job and a home of our own. But not nearly as nice as it feels to be near to family.

1 comment:

  1. Stop talking about moving. Stop it!!

    Your boys are well loved...

    ReplyDelete