Monday, March 7, 2011

Love languages

Some people say that love has many languages. When I was dating I mostly spoke in the language of butterflies; now that I’m married I’m multilingual. I understand “I’ll do the dishes tonight,” “let me kill that spider for you,” and “wow you look great after a long day and you’re still in your running clothes” in many dialects.

Tonight I communicated my love to the husband in a very significant form of speech. It’s the, “I’ll stay up after you go to bed and dig your car out of the snow during a blizzard as I wait for the cops to free the keys you locked in there weeks ago” language. Even though he probably won’t be able to back his little car out of its snowed-in parking spot tomorrow morning and the kids and I will end up driving him to work/school anyway, at least he knows that I love him.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... that's love. Guess you haven't needed that car since the tumbling accident. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--good point, Amy. It was the husband's way of communicating his love to me that got us into such a predicament. :)

    ReplyDelete