Friday, May 6, 2011

Be Brave

The husband leaves for Texas tomorrow. I’ve had a really hard time keeping myself together all week. It’s been a really busy, rather stressful week: double bookings and schedule conflicts galore; no real time to soak into moments with our family together. On top of all that, I’ve been losing things, important things. And, even though I eventually found everything I lost, I still feel like I’m wandering around looking for something…my brain, maybe. Or my heart. Or both.

Today at lunch when the husband finished one round of tests we sat together as a family, talking about Texas. My emotions started to spill over as I watched Atrain and the husband tickle and tease as they always do. “What’s wrong, Momma?” Atrain asked. I sighed and said, “I’m just sad Dada’s going.” Then asked, “Are you sad, Atrain?” He responded matter-of-factly, “No.” The husband and I exchanged a funny look, wondering what could possibly be going through his mind right now. I pressed the question further, “Why not?” He looked up at us and said with such honesty, “I’m not sad because I’m brave.” He is brave. Once again, I’m reminded of how much I have to learn from my son.

3 comments:

  1. Cute Brave Atrain. You will be wonderful... just you wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spoke to husband caught in a traffic jam in NM. car holding out well. happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freakin cute. Did he drive to TX!? Now that is impressive... is this for 6 weeks? Jason had 2 12 week internships that were away and left us at home. I know its hard but it goes fast!

    ReplyDelete