Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Grump

I didn’t feel like writing tonight. Instead, for some stupid reason, I felt mad. I felt like locking myself in my room so that I could complete a few sets of sit-ups without the three year old using me as a trampoline. I felt like arguing with the husband about whether or not it was silly of me to expect him to use his “daddy voice” when an overtired Atrain is beating up on me. I felt like throwing my first awesome, adventurous Texas day down the garbage chute so that I could avenge my misconstrued sense of self.

So, instead of writing about my first impressions of the lone star state; instead of explaining how much I loved listening to Atrain converse and tease and giggle while swimming with his CI on in the pool; instead of trying to describe how awesome it felt to cook for our completed family; instead of embellishing the day’s stories about how cute it is to watch Jdog’s crawling exercises, I’m just going to put that all on hold while I take a time-out for being a grump.

2 comments:

  1. It is okay to have grumpy time-outs for yourself. :) Hope you got some good sleep. When days end like that, it all looks better in the morning.

    Glad to know swimming and Atrain's CI's are mixing well. :) That is exciting.

    ReplyDelete