Sunday, May 8, 2011

Taking my Heart to Texas

The husband is driving to Texas. He took his road bike, his best dressed work attire, the new 'Texas tie' Atrain bought for him, an assortment of canned soups, one of Atrain's toy cars, his fathers' day gift (a bike trainer), a port-a-crib for when we come to visit, his new phone charger, scriptures, audio books, caffeinated beverages, a hopeful disposition and a huge chunk of my heart.

I don't know how we'll get along without each other. He will need to learn how to feed himself and I must learn how to keep my brain from slipping out of my skull. I'm going to need a lot of duct tape. He is going to need a lot more canned soup. Even if we find ourselves at the end of the next eight weeks with empty heads and a starving stomachs, at least we'll have two hearts full of love. The husband will love that cheesy line. Eat it up, honey. It just might be the best thing you digest for the next two months.

1 comment:

  1. I guess this whole thing might be a little hard for him as well... I always just think of you managing without him. I know you will both be so happy to be together when you go down in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete