Sunday, May 22, 2011

Nighttime Daydreams

It's 4:49 am. I'm going to bed after a few hours spent researching waterproofing methods for cochlear implants. We plan on spending a lot of our Texas time at the pool in our sublet apartment complex while we wait for the husband to finish work every day. And, I really want Atrain to hear me when he's all wet. I've decided to try out the LOKSAK option--they advertise that their sacks can protect electronic devices underwater in depths of 200 ft. Not that we're enrolling Atrain in Navy Seal school any time soon. I wonder what it would be like to hear through a plastic bag.

I just called the husband. I hate going back to an empty bed. One of my favorite parts about waking up to work on random projects in the middle of the night is hearing the husband sleepily say, "hello beautiful," when I return to bed. Now, unless Jdog starts sniffing around for a midnight snack, I have absolutely no motivation to go back to sleep. Maybe I'll stay up and keep making Texas packing lists, or keep researching tips for flying with cochlear implants, or just keep writing about my mid night day dreams about the husband. Or maybe i'll just try calling him again. I sure do miss him. Only two more days until I get to see him. Can't wait to return to his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment