Friday, May 13, 2011

Playing Dada

The boys and I have gone on a lot of sunset walks this week. The moment when the sun yawns and stretches its arms across the sky is the most beautiful time of day. Her rays wrap me in peace. They make me imagine a medley of messages God may be sending through the colors that cloak the sky.

Atrain was sending me a very obvious message: I love my dada. When we got to the playground he insisted that we stop. So, I obliged. He ran over to the rocking airplane and said, “I’m dada, I’m going to Texas…come on, fly to Texas with me!” So, I sat on the back of the airplane while “dada” flew us to Texas. Then, we hopped down and he said, “We’re here. I’m picking you up in my red car.” So, we hopped into his red car and drove all the way to Dada’s Texas apartment. All the while, Atrain kept reminding me that he was the husband and that Atrain was playing right beside him. I played right along—all the way to our Texas beds where I tucked in the little dada and kissed him goodnight.

Though there is nothing sweeter than Atrain's dada impersonation, I can’t wait to kiss the real husband goodnight again.

1 comment: