Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is not my birthday, but it feels like it.  The husband gave me the best birthday gift this year--far better than anything he could have purchased (and that's not just because we don't really have any money to purchase anything).  Oh how I love him.

He gave me time--in chunks, even.     

This week is my first of four weeks to spend with pen in hand and laptop at my side.  I feel invigorated, refreshed and extremely excited.  All of the stories and characters that have been bouncing around in my mind might just find their place on a piece of paper in the next week.

Is it rude for me to relish this opportunity?

Maybe I'll read a bit too.  I will definitely enjoy coming home to my boys when my days' adventures are through.  What a happy birthday it will be.  All year long.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the treasure of all treasures for a young mom... TIIIIIIIMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Soak in a little for me!!!

    Can't wait to see what you turn out!

    ReplyDelete