Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On Poetry and Puke

I felt a little poetic today.  Whether or not my poetry is liked, or understood, exploring my poetry prowess good thing.  It means my mind has been unraveling--peeling off layers of self in preparation for something new to surface.

I read for a couple hours today--recreational reading--with my eyes, not my ears.  It was amazing. I know I'm "supposed to" be writing my book, but reading is like doing writing research, right?  And, I do need to do a lot more research.  After all, I don't know what the heck I'm doing.  But I have a lot of ideas.  Maybe that's why I was feeling poetic.

My poor baby was feeling pretty pathetic today.  He threw up multiple times--sometimes spewing stomach contents forth with impressive fountain-like force.  I'm so glad the husband was here to tag team. I am sure grateful for that man.  He is such a perfect compliment to my tightly-wound parenting approach.  He and the boys are having a blast.  I love watching them bond.  Even when we're all covered in throw up.

1 comment: