Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Poop Face

Little J is feeling better.  But, look closely at this photo.  What do you see?  No--not the scrunched nose, or adorable, mischievous grin.  Not the bright, steel blue eyes of the little boy who is clearly feeling much better than he was yesterday (when he puked for the first time in his life).  I'm not even trying to draw attention to his funny hairdo that matches his funny personality.  Nope, I'm pointing at the brownish smudges dotting his face: one near his eyebrow, and another kitty corner to his eye.  It's poop--just another odd texture baby J couldn't help but bury his face in.  Gross, I know.  But, extremely funny.

This kid has a habit of going number two every time we put him down for a nap lately.  It's like he's planned it--plotted the perfect time to let his bowels fly free, just so he can escape his crib.  And, this time when he whined for an inordinate amount of time after I put him down, I knew that he must have done the deed yet again.  But, this time I found him in his crib, without pants, without a diaper, and with some very stinky smudges on his face.  It was one of those "get him to the tub as soon as possible" parenting moments.  Atrain had a lot of creative tactics, but he never resorted to this.

I laughed the rest of the night as I lovingly called him "little poop face" every time I picked him up.  I don't think he minded the nickname.  In face, he quite possibly enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the things we do as mothers. Giggling about a poop face isn't something you would do otherwise. :) Good thing he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete