Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Migraine Mercies

Today I traveled two hours to go to the audiologist with both boys and a migraine to boot.  I do hate it when I wake up and the light makes me cringe.  My pulse was carving cracks into my skull. I felt like making the exact face Atrain is pulling in this picture.  It crossed my mind to cancel the appointment, but quality CI programming time is hard to come by, so I said a prayer and decided to push through.

I'm glad that I did.  The weight of the headache lifted as we started the cochlear listening rounds.  Atrain was on a roll--giving us great feedback with the "beep game" that helped his audiologist tweak his CI to Atrain's liking.  Jdog wasn't even as much of a distraction as I anticipated.  He crawled around, crinkled his nose and chewed a variety of tasty non-chew toys.  I never would have guessed that the appointment would have been such a success (so many of them are not...). 

When we loaded up the car to return home, both boys fell fast asleep.  I was reminded of just a few months ago when I lulled both boys to sleep in the car at least five times a week. My car once again because a sanctuary on four wheels.  Just seeing them sleeping side by side massaged my migraine away--that, a little caffeine and a lot of God's "tender mercies."

1 comment:

  1. Victory!! Good job pushing through. I'm sure that's hard to do... but what a reward!

    ReplyDelete