Monday, January 9, 2012

Missing You

The husband has been touring the country doing interviews for nearly a week now.  We miss him so much, though I do need to tell him more.

Instead, I tell him how much I am getting done.  And, I say it excitedly, like, "I'm doing great!  I actually scrubbed the bathroom, did the dishes and packed a few boxes today while listening to conversations on the Mormon Channel!"

Checking these things off my "to do" list is exciting, but not nearly as exciting as having the man I love next to me.  Not even close.

He makes my heart flutter with joy and anticipation, and hope: hope for all that we have to come together, for the comfort and calm I feel when we are together, and for the family we are building.

Yes, I miss him.  So much that when he's gone I put myself into high gear bleaching the urine stains off the base of the toilet when he is away.  And I stay up until two in the morning most nights writing up a storm, trying to forget I am alone(ish).  And I fool myself into enjoying it.  I am definitely a much better person when he is here.

We miss you, shmub.

No comments:

Post a Comment