Friday, January 6, 2012

Parenting Puddle

Mothering is my job, and I believe it is the most important job there is.  It is also an extremely difficult one, and I need a lot of training.  Christ is, of course, my master teacher and having His spirit with me, and a testimony of His divinity and His gospel is an invaluable resource to my role as a mother.  Doing the little things to strengthen my knowledge and faith in God and making mothering decisions therein is the best training available to me.

That said, I can use all the help I can get.  And, there are many inspired individuals out there who have studied parenting and articulated awesome techniques that will help me translate my mothering desires into valuable routines and practical parenting techniques.

Therefore, I propose a study program.  The items I bought to stuff my Christmas stocking have arrived from various thrift book stores around the country.  And, I am excited--especially about reporting on what I read.  (If you haven't noticed yet, writing helps me process information...about life, about what I'm learning, and about becoming).

So, at least once a week I will do a "Parenting Puddle" post.  I will review any number of chapters from a parenting book and report on what I learned--the things I want to incorporate into my mothering routines and the thoughts I have about the direction of my family.  It will be a wonderful puddle to splash in.  I can't wait to get wet.

1 comment: