Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tucked In

I don't know why I feel so poetic when I'm all alone.  Maybe it's the quiet.  I alternate between bursts of imagination and muddling my mind with senseless information spewing from Youtube.  It is hard to be alone.  I would not want to be the husband right now.  He is in Cleveland tonight, starting out another week long interview trail in the great state of Ohio.  It is good to have interviews.  Seinfeld is keeping him company.

My babies are at Grandpatty's home for the night.  I have "spring" training for work tomorrow bright and early, so she gets to be their guardian tonight.  She is such a good one.  Nothing is as valuable as knowing that your kids are loved and cared for by someone so loving and so caring.  I miss my little family.  They are so much a part of who I am, and the reason I want to be a better me.

Good thing I have sweet memories from the day to tuck my mind in bed tonight:

waking the boys up bright and early to drop the husband off at the airport--their bed heads and morning smiles are a sight to behod;

watching Jdog and Atrain give each other the biggest--mutually agreeable--hug;

picking Atrain up from school and asking him what he talked to his friends about, only to hear him say, "It's a secret! I can't tell you!;"

seeing Atrain so excited to earn a quarter by vacuuming up the smooshed goldfish on his own;

and knowing that Jdog knew exactly what I was doing when I tried to pull off a sneaky goodbye at Grandpatty's house.

I am so lucky to be so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment