Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dall-o-rama

I kidnapped my little brother from my family's home today. Really--apparently my father was half-awake when he gave Dalliwag the "go ahead" to come to my home for a few days. I recruited his help and company for the bachelorette party tomorrow. Don't worry--he's not planning on coming to provide any sort of live entertainment. Yuck. Can't believe I even wrote that. He's just the babysitter, and a pretty good one at that.

If I had to pinpoint Dallin's babysitting superpower, it's that he's funny. He won't talk about real things--whenever I ask him any sort of serious question like, "How did you scratch your nose?" he responds with, "It's a battle scar!" And, then when I probe him, "No, really--it looks like it hurts, what happened?" He says, "MJ, how many times do I have to tell you--I got it in battle." And he won't let up. It's not that anything embarrassing caused the scab...I eventually squeezed out the real info (that he bumped it on the bottom of the pool), but for some reason he thinks it's great to torture me with misinformation. Atrain loves it too. He has been saying, "Silly Dalliwag," all day long. Oh so silly. Can't wait to have teenage boys.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is wonderful that your little brother wants to help and is so very good at it. He's a good egg.

    ReplyDelete