Friday, January 14, 2011

Growing boys

There is a question that I ask myself every morning, and it comes sincerely--as if I’ve never asked it before, “How are my babies growing so big, so quickly?” Even though I know the answer (and it sounds stupid when I ask the question out loud), when I wake up in the morning and cradle baby J in my arms I can’t help but ask. He changes overnight. Jdog’s little almond eyes have become so alert, following faces and squinting when he smiles. His little lips are so defined, so tiny and so sweet when they widen and show off his many gummy expressions. Somehow his legs keep getting longer and simultaneously larger. He kicks them, coos and squirms around whenever he’s excited. Then sometimes when I look at Atrain it hurts to realize that his features are stretching out and his expressions are maturing. This little boy used to be as little, chubby and cuddly as Jdog. This question makes me want to take more pictures, to steal away these moments in their lives before they slip through my memory, and to write more about their sweet phases before they pass me by.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right... I love seeing how your boys change from one week to the next.

    ReplyDelete