Friday, January 28, 2011

Make Over

Before baby J began sleeping through the night (not waking for long periods of time) he and I would often find ourselves on the rocking chair in the wee hours of the morning flipping through three channels: HGTV, TLC and STYLE. HGTV has been my favorite network since high school. I like TLC’s lifestyle shows. And, most of the stuff on STYLE is silly and somewhat sickening, but it sucks you in. “How do I Look,” was a late night favorite for me and the Jdog.

I learned a few important things about myself while watching that show: someday I want subtle blue highlights in my hair, and that my style is cheap and/or careless. Let’s face it, being stylish costs money. I don’t have much money these days, and if there ever comes a day when I do, I don’t think I’ll spend a lot on being hip. I like to look nice, but I’m not sure how much I care about being fashionable. There are plenty of other things that I care about that also need money…like throw pillows, food and cochlear implants (though not in that order).

Lucky for me, I have people who care enough about me to save me from my style-less self. Who knows what I would look like without my mom’s ever-giving wardrobe well. And, we all witnessed what this blog would have forever looked like without my sister-in-law’s design expertise. This woman is amazing. I don’t think there’s anything she can’t do. Maybe back-hand-springs—yes, I can definitely be the teacher in the back-hand-spring department…because I’m sure that skill will be so handy someday. But really, she’s my teacher. Mrs. Jones is the kind of person who I try to emulate in so many ways: extremely talented, but more important—extremely selfless with all that she has been blessed. Thank you for that Mrs. Jones, and thank you for my digital make over.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the make over, totally jealous of your connections :) I have to rely on thecutestblogontheblock for my make overs ( proving that we are kindred spirits in the cheap/frugal dept )
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling "makeover" and I love your button. I read this blog all the time and just love it. It makes me feel like all this crazy mom stuff is normal, so yay. Thanks for writing, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw Pillows!!!

    Yes... those rain boots totally remind me of you. I love the words in the back. So fun.

    ReplyDelete