Saturday, January 22, 2011

Supermom Moments

I had a few supermom moments today: breastfeeding my baby while buttering 8 pieces of toast, driving an SUV with 6 children inside, letting my husband catch up on his sleep (undisturbed) after a night in the hospital, managing tantrums without getting frustrated, and getting my running pace back down to 8 minutes/mile on the treadmill (impressive for me). I’m choosing to ignore the fact that I never got in the shower, the piles of laundry that remain untouched and all of the dirty dishes lounging in my sink. I’m not going to let them ruin my supermom day.

4 comments:

  1. Did you tactfully not mention that the kids throwing tantrums were kids you were watching as a favor to family..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go MJ! I bet my pile of laundry is bigger than yours, so don't feel too bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for including my kids in your supermom day!! ps... my supermom days do not usually come along with super-clean-house days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are awesome--they helped me have such a great day and forget about the things that often get me down.

    ReplyDelete