Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Power of Football

#4

January 9, 2011

Today my son was playing football in the house. He runs around in a squatty position, elbows sticking out, chugging his arms to and fro. He juts his chin forward and crinkles his nose as loud, low, grizzly words jump from his mouth. Usually the words that form are, “Yes,” “Touchdown,” “hike,” and other predictable Neanderthal-like noises. But, today as he raised the football above his head just before taking off down the hall he said, “By the power of God!”

Glad he knows where his power comes from. Not sure if it’s blasphemous in this context, though it’s definitely worth a sideways glance at the hubby and a few chortles. Hubby blames the true videos (aka the living scriptures animated Book of Mormon stories) for the phrase. He always picks on my true videos. I’ve been watching them since I was Atrain’s age and I don’t recall a single (exact) “By the power of God” monologue. I’m choosing a much more likely target to blame: BYU football.

2 comments:

  1. BYU football: a true sport. :) You can also blame his paternal genes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAHAHAHAHHA!!!! I usually try to avoid writing out laughs (I find it incredibly annoying), but I just couldn't help it this time. Too funny! Oh, Aaron, what a cute little boy you are.

    ReplyDelete