Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Hit the stores alone at 10:00pm.
Laughed as I parked blocks away from WalMart.
Cried as I stood in line for fourty five minutes to purchase my $4.00 pajamas for the boys.
But the hullaballoo would not be for naught.  I had to make something of the madness.  Plus some guy gave me a five hour energy shot for free.  I had never had one before...and since my mother in law said she consumed one once, I figured it was ok.  And, what better occasion?  I only had a swig, and I was feeling lucky.
Shopko opened at 12:00.
I didn't even know why I was there.  But I had a good feeling...like something extraordinary would happen.
And it did.  A Razor sparks scooter for $20.00, normally $60.00.
I snagged the last two, even though I only needed one.
Then I saw a guy talking on the phone to his wife, looking for a scooter.  I gave my other one to him.  Funny how I felt like I was being charitable.
I snatched up a few other unnecessary deals as I darted to the line.  My WalMart test run taught me well.
I ditched the undesirable deals on the way to check out.  I didn't even feel guilty.  I knew someone else would snag them.
I considered driving an extra 40 minutes to hit Toys R Us.
But then my want for a warm bed and the husband to snuggle with kicked in.
And I headed home, glorying in my finds, thrilled that my Christmas shopping was nearly over, and excited to join the foray again next year.
I heart you black friday.

1 comment:

  1. Such a brave woman to brave the crowds and come out with deals...

    ReplyDelete