Monday, November 28, 2011

Missionary Monday

Hello sweet brother,

I hope that you are doing well.  I'm sitting in my home, just thinking about you, so grateful that you have a companion that you can get along with.  The husband said that (in a non emotional way, of course) his best companions taught him a lot about what he wanted in a married relationship.  Does that make sense?  It may sound weird, but it is a great way to learn about relationships--how to respond to conflicts, what personality traits you mesh well with, what about that person challenges you to become better, etc.  I always knew the husband was the one because he always made me want to be a better person, who balanced me out.  And, I love him more than life.

We sure missed you during the Thanksgiving weekend.  But, I am so grateful for a brother who has sacrificed to serve God.  What a great example you are.  We all talked about you.  It was a sweet day.  Dad did all of the heavy cooking, and the turkey was delicious (as are all his meats), but we joked about how his companion from New Zealand asked him "Are you going to kill me on Mac N Cheese again," when they were called to be together for the second time.  I sure love our parents.  We are so lucky.  So blessed.

The husband and I have had an extremely busy month.  He has been interviewing all over the country for radiation oncology residency positions.  We are very fortunate to have a lot of interviews.  He has worked hard, and we have been blessed.  We could be living anywhere from North Carolina, Utah, Alabama, Texas, Minnesota, California, Oklahoma, Ohio, Washington state, New York, etc.  The list goes on and on.  But, I am most excited about our North Carolina, MN and Utah options.  He and I went to his interview in Santa Barbra together.  That's where we honeymooned.  That program is a transitional year, and we would only be there for a year, but how fun would that be?  So fun...if we can avoid going broke in the process, of course.  In March is the "match day" where we open up the envelope that tells us where we will spend the next five years.  It's kind of like a mission call, I guess, except it's not for the church and the prophet doesn't pair us up with our destination.  A computer does.  But, I know the Lord's hand is in all things, and we are praying that it will be the right place for our family...wherever it is!

Anyway, my dear, I sure hope you're doing well.  I am so proud of you and grateful for you.  What can I do for you?  How can I help you?  Missionary work is exciting, and so fun.  I hope you are enjoying this amazing stage in your life.  I sure love you!

Love, 

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment