Sunday, November 20, 2011

One


I have a one year old boy.  
He is sweet--loves to snuggle his head right into the crook of your neck.  
He is hilarious--enjoys mimicking the absolute grossest sounds that emerge from bodies in our household.  
He is accommodating--will put up with the most annoying loving brother behavior (I am frequently amazed that he is laughing while being smothered by something or someone).  
He is pensive--studies things before he decides how to react, and randomly repeats sounds (rarely on demand). 
He is peaceful--happily toddling along, often with objects in his hands, coming to show me his greatest discoveries of the day. 
He is curious--frequently exploring the new boundaries of his talents and territories (including the toilet).
He loves to ride his new rocking pony: hopped right on and got rocking right away.
He loves to dance: always grinning ear to ear when music appears, bopping happily to the beat.
He loves textures: He dives into soft blankets and stuffed animals--head first, smothering himself in the fabric.  And I have never enjoyed watching a baby get dirty as much as I enjoyed watching Jdog dig into his birthday cake tonight.  I could have sat there squishing the chocolate frosting between his chubby fingers all night long.  
He hates to ride in the car for extended periods of time.
He loathes rice cereal, and loves spinach smoothies.
He loves straws--always requesting "wawa," which at first I thought it meant water...but it turns out that as long as a drink has a straw in it, it's "wawa," and it's good.
He has magical words that sound like whatever he wants them to, "diga diga" is a word we will use in our family forever, I'm sure.
He feels special when he puts on a hat--and he leaves it on.  Grandpatty found him a sweet cowboy hat to go with his pony, and he rides happily with the hat balancing on his elfish ears. He is a hoot.
He lulls himself to sleep by playing with his eyelashes--he is even funny when he isn't trying.
He is the perfect child for our family.  I am so thankful that God sent me this beautiful, blue-eyed boy.  His personality couldn't be more perfect.  His cheeks couldn't be any more kissable.  I couldn't love a one year old more.  Happy birthday, my sweet little Jdog.

1 comment:

  1. A treasury of things that make Jdog special. Good job Mel.

    ReplyDelete