Wednesday, November 30, 2011

December Eve

Our Christmas decor has been assembled--sort of.  The tree us up, the stalkings are out, and the husband's set of antlers took their rightful atop the entertainment center...adorned with a few pine trimmings, of course.  It feels festive.  But we still need to dig out my beloved nativity sets.  I do love this time of year.  And, there is something about knowing that it will be our last Christmas in this apartment--it's motivating me to put up a few more lights and dress up a few more holiday corners.  This apartment has been good to us.

Jdog's eyes beamed brighter than the moon when we woke up to them.  I love getting the chance to relive the excitement of the season through my children.  Atrain loves to take part in all of the decorating.  In fact, telling him he could trim the tree was the only thing that would distract him from mourning over the husband leaving for another interview.  He sure loves his daddy.

I hope I can make this season special for my boys.  I hope I can help them understand the real meaning of Christmas.  We have been reading the "symbols" booklet my sister Katydid put together for us last year.  Atrain was so proud to tell the stories behind the Christmas objects during family home evening.  There aren't many stellar family home evenings in our home, but I find that the most spiritual ones happen when Atrain is teaching.  I love hearing his thoughts. Even if he was still asking "what is a symbol" by the time we were finished.

Tomorrow is December 1st.  I'm looking forward to the elf visiting our home.  I can't wait to wrap a "new" Christmas book every night.  It will be good to finally use our awesome Christmas story advent calendar I bought at the DI years ago.  Best of all, it will be good to be together, and make a lot of new memories with our little and big family.  I have such good people in my life.  I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that brings us together, helps us love each other more, and motivates us to work for the good.  It will be a good month.

1 comment:

  1. Happy December! Nice new header. Glad you are here this Christmas... we'll just soak up your little family...

    ReplyDelete