Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone. Today was so full of goodness: good food, good company, good kisses, good feelings, etc. I have a good life. God is good. And though I am and life is far from perfect, I have so much to be thankful for.

  • For the husband: his steadiness, his happy outlook, his unbending belief in me, his awesome dance moves, and that I still know how much he is madly in love with me.  Thank you for being the best thing in my life.  I love you.
  • For Atrain: his sweet heart, his determined spirit, and his unconditional love.
  • For Jdog: his inner comedian, his curious nature, and the cuddly way he gives me love.
  • For my parents: that I always have known how much they love one another, never once questioned how much they love me, and continue to learn from how much you love the Lord.
  • For the parents I got when I married the husband: their constant example of charity, wisdom and undeviating faith.
  • For my sisters--outlaws and in laws: they laugh with me, they cry with me, they are my best friends, they are my inspiration.
  • For my brothers--outlaws and in: they challenge me, they make me laugh (at myself a lot) and they laugh with me, they motivate me.
  • For my cousins: your ideas blow my mind, your stories help my heart open wide, and our memories remind me how good and simple life really is.
  • For my aunts and uncles: you still give me encouragement, love and approval.  Thank you for showing me every year what is most important in life.
  • For my friends: never has a girl grown up with better companions, more loyal support, more accepting friends.  You always (even still) listen without judgement.  Thank you.
  • For my coworkers: you inspire me, help me to think, and accept me.  I am so grateful to know you and benefit from your friendship.
It is hard to understand why I have been given so much.  But, I thank God for my life: for the plan of happiness that brings me lasting joy, for forgiveness, for motivating me without guilt or shame, but with love, to keep trying to keep learning and to keep returning.

1 comment: