Friday, November 11, 2011

Homecoming

Happy 11.11.11. I thought something remarkable would happen today.  And, I guess, to some degree, it did.  Today was the first of many of the husband's homecomings to come.  It is exciting--sending him all over the country to scout out places for our family to live for the next five years.  If it weren't so darn expensive to buy a couple more plane tickets, the boys and I would all tag along with him.  Every time Atrain sees a plane up in the sky, or the "track" of a plane his eyes get as big as saucers and he says, "OH! I see dada's plane!"  It must all be a little strange for him to digest.  So far, we could live in any one of these places:

Duke (Durham, NC)
U of Alabama (Burmingham, Al)
U Penn (Philly, PA)
Mayo  (Rochester, MN)
U of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN)
Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH)
U of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH)
UT Galveston (Galveston, TX)
SUNY Buffalo (Buffalo, NY)
U of Rochester (Rochester, NY)
U of Utah (SLC, UT) 



Not a bad set of choices--in no particular order.  I would love to live in a community with good schools, good medical insurance, and where the boys, the bob and I feel safe exploring the neighborhood.   We'll see where that leads us.  But, for now, I'm so happy the husband is being led back home.  I'm so glad.  I sure love that man.  And, it's a heck of a lot easier to sleep when he's by my side.

2 comments:

  1. You should add Vegas to the list...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole thought makes me a little sad.

    Whatever is best... :) Excited to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete