Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To be Loved

I woke up late this morning with a helium balloon tied to my wrist, a stuffed three-eyed monster snuggled under my chin, and a melted almond joy clenched in my hand.  I also had a few, faint recollections of the moments my sweet son entered to adorn his exhausted mamma with such prized paraphernalia.  I am loved.

It was a wicked Halloween night.  Jdog spent four hours last night with wide open, tear filled eyes, telling me how much he loves me in screams and fits of pain.  He didn't want to eat.  He didn't want to sleep.  He only wanted to point at every interesting thing, exclaim "wow was dat" and then push it away in disgust--upset that nothing could assuage his aches.  I remain frustrated with only a few poor guesses as to what is ailing him.  But it's most likely his one year molars.  Whatever it is, it does feel wonderful to be loved.  He would only calm to my snuggle and song.

And, it is lovely to hear the husband up, in the kitchen doing dishes and making green smoothies for the boys while I sleep.  I love it even more when he says, "let's go on a date tomorrow," while wrapping his arms around my waist.  Mmmmm.  It feels good to be loved.
 

1 comment: