Sunday, November 27, 2011

Contageous

This morning I greeted piles of suitcases that exploded all over my floor.  I dropped them there last night after making multiple trips to and from the parking lot to unload.  I felt so exhausted by the time I finished that I cried as I heaved the last set of heavy bags down my hall.

It wasn't because the stupid bags were heavy.  I'm relatively tough.  But, sometimes I don't want to be.  Like when the husband has a week at home, but wakes up shaking and sweating with strep throat.  My mood seems to have caught a bad virus, too.

And, Jdog is suffering from some sort of body rash that makes his cheeks feel like sand paper.  Also, today was Atrain's first day quarantined with the hand, foot, mouth virus.  In spite of it all, it was a relatively restful sick day. The loads of laundry even felt a bit easier to carry with Atrain's helpful folding company.

Jdog spent the day practicing his 180 turn arounds, and he is getting really good.  That little boy does the funniest things.  Today he went fishing in the toilet for the plastic utinsile he had been carrying.  Too bad someone forgot to flush.  Thank heavens he was only fishing for a knife.  I immediately knew something was wrong when I heard the husband burst into laughter halfway down the hall.  Guess who also got to go fishing in the toilet?  Silly J.  At least he only had to have two baths today.

I missed being at church today.  I missed taking the sacrament.  I missed that dedicated time to draw nearer to God.  I will have to try extra hard this week.  I know I will need a lot of extra help.

2 comments:

  1. Doctor, heal thyself just doesn't work, does it. Hope you all feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete