Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Early Goodbye

The husband left early--very early...four in the morning early.  Poor husband.  Poor me.  Poor kiddos.  It is hard to feel temporarily incomplete.  But, we will manage.  Even if everything feels like just "getting by" when he is away.  The husband brings so much meaning and happiness to my life.

I have such good friends.  My best friend Ticklin came to watch my boys while I finished up my hair appointment (that started one week ago).  It takes much too long to whip my hair into shape, so we divided it into a couple of appointments.  I remember the days when Ticklin would patiently wait for me in the girls' restroom while I teased and tweaked my tresses until I looked like a tumble weed.  I'm still not sure why I thought tumble weed hair was attractive.  Perhaps in ten more years I will say the same thing about my hair now.  Whatever my hair is doing (or whatever I'm doing to it), Ticklin has always been by my side.  She is the most kind, faithful friend a girl could have.

Atrain is also a good companion.  He helped me prepare for and host a building meeting in my apartment tonight.  He pushed all of the chairs into an arch, vacuumed, arranged and snitched goodies, and put on a good show for the residents when they came over.  I love that little boy.  Three years old is a challenging age, and I expect that four will be even more so--he is so smart.  I hope I can help him hone and channel his brain power toward positive things.  Tonight one of my residents asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up.  Atrain responded with his typical "stranger danger" non-response.  But, I can't help but wonder what he was thinking.  He has the will power of a charging bull, and can be whatever he sets his heart on.  Just like his daddy.

1 comment:

  1. What are friends for?!? I would do it again in a heartbeat, or at midnight or last minute. I love our friendship simply because I know you would do it for me too. PS-I miss the days of waiting around for you to finish teasing your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete