Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sweet Sisters

I was awake in the late hours of the night, talking with Bambie on the phone.  I can't remember when I last stayed up late laughing, crying and theorizing with my sister via land line.

It brought us back to the days when she used to wake up me up in the middle of the night and beg me to accompany her to the bathroom because she was scared of the dark.  It would annoy the heck out of me.

I don't like being drug from dreamland--but she would sound so pathetic, I couldn't ignore her plea for help (nor could I ignore how good it made me feel that she wanted my company and thought I would offer her any sort of protection from the boogie monster).

Once her business was done, we would crash in the same bed for the rest of the night.  It is good to grow old with a sisters.  I'm so lucky to have three.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I have girls I realize how special sisters are. And I think it takes a good sister to know one. :)

    ReplyDelete