Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Momma"

There were so many moment today when Jdog toddled toward me with his grand smile of recognition, repeating the word "momma," until he reached my side.  He came looking for me--so excited to cling on to my leg and then burry his face in the crook of my neck.  And, then he would arch his back, asking to be let down.  As soon as his feet were planted firmly on the floor, he was off again--ready to explore the world--but always planning to circle back to "momma."

I love Jdog.  I love watching his cheeks jiggle while he's sleeping in the car.  I love it when he plays with his eyelashes as he drinks his bottle.  I love it when he picks up Atrain's swords and wobbles toward me, swinging it to and fro with a proud grin.  I love it when he passes the nativity set and yells "Baaaaaaa!" so loud, until I retrieve a sheep for him.  I love it when he laughs while being pummeled by his brother.  I love Jdog.

And, I miss him tonight.  He stayed with my sister Katydid after the Ike fam Christmas party.  Katydid is an eager mother-to-be, and one of the most genuine, hard working people I know.  She offered to take him overnight so that I don't have to worry about who will watch him at church tomorrow while I teach the RS lesson (the husband is interviewing on the Eastern seaboard for a week and we miss him for oh so many reasons, including having him at church).

I'm suppose I should be working on my lesson, but all I can think about is how much I love Jdog, and how Atrain cried half of the way home saying, "I love my brother! I miss my brother! I don't want my brother to have a sleep over."  As we neared our home (about an hour away from Spork) he also informed me that he could hear Jdog saying, "momma" and "Aaron" way back at nana's house.  "Really?" I questioned.  "Yes," Atrain responded.  "Cochlears can hear so far away...all the way to Jdog."  "Wow," I said, smiling, and jealous that he could hear Jdog and I couldn't.

I sure love my boys.  It must be hard for the husband to be away from them for so long.  I can hardly manage one night without my baby.

1 comment: