Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Enjoying J

I have the biggest crush on Jdog lately.  His new found mobility has multiplied his adorability.

He cruises up and down our hall, all day long saying "momma, momma, momma" with a grin sweeter than sugar stuck to his face. He totes favorite objects in his chubby little hands: books, cars, and other toys that are much too large for him to carry.  And then, he scouts out secret hiding spots to bury his beautiful treasures: cars in my underwear drawer, spatulas in the diaper box, bottle nipples in the bath tub.  I love watching him wander and discover.

But, it is his constant return to me that makes me weak in the knees. He always comes back from his expiditions, chanting "momma, momma," and then wraps his arm around my leg. smashing his face into my thigh.  This, I just can't resist.  It's just too much for any momma.  I bend over, scoop up his round belly and squeeze him in my arms.  I never want to let go.

If only I could freeze these little moments and save them for later: to sweeten up a day that ends a little sour.  A little bit of J will brighten any day.

1 comment: