Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Secret Leaker

Atrain cannot keep a secret.  He is a fabulous at being santa's little helper: he loves to help me decorate; he is a great cook--very careful to follow instructions (though he can't keep his fingers our of the sugar bucket); he is great at putting stamps on Christmas card envelopes and climbing up on the table of the post office to slide them into the mailbox; but, this little elf cannot keep a secret.

So, when the husband took Atrain shopping today to a "special" store to buy momma's present, I suspected that I wouldn't even have to try to squeeze secret information out of him.  And I was right.  As we sat together at the dinner table tonight, Atrain waited until the husband walked away, and then said with a sly, happy smile, "we bought you funny running shoes!"

 I was instantly excited, hoping that that his "funny" clue meant what I thought it did, but I tried to pretend that I didn't understand what Atrain had said because the husband was in earshot.   Bad idea.  Atrain repeated his hint with more volume and bulging eyes, "funny running shoes!," he said.  I giggled and nodded my head, but it was too late.  The husband had overheard our conversation and whisked the little secret leaker away to his bedroom to remind him about good Christmas gift giving practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment